Friday, June 19, 2009

There is no South Dakota...

My lovely and eloquent partner Kimberly Renee Hansard would have you believe, "There is no South Dakota". The map might have a different opinion. So, like Lewis and Clarke, I plan to set out to PROVE that, yes Virginia, there is a South Dakota.

I have decided to get on the Geezer Glide and ride all the way from Knoxville to Sturgis, the home of the world's largest motorcycle rally.


I have gone on long rides before, but never like this. Some people are telling me that I am crazy but I am planning a sloooooow ride over a 9 day period of time. This has been a fantasy for a long time with no real goal in mind. If I make it to Sturgis, fine. If I make it to Crossville, fine!


I would get to visit a slew of states that I have never been to and will have the camera clicking away. I have always wanted to see Mount Rushmore...


... Devil's Tower that was depicted in Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind...

... and being the history buff that I am, there's no way that I can miss a chance to go to Deadwood, the town made famous as the site of the shooting of Wild Bill Hickok during a poker game.

I loved the HBO show too...


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment